YOUTH MEDIA ALLIES – SOLUTION JOURNALISM Nordic Media Alliances for SDG 2030
The project aims to develop young people’s creative media and digital skills with a focus on solution journalism, supporting and promoting the Agenda 2030 and the Nordic focus in the implementation of the Agenda in Nordic.
– Develop young people’s creative media and digital skills, supporting and promoting the SDGs in their youth groups and their communities;
– Develop young people’ knowledge and skills on Agenda 2030 and the Nordic focus in the implementation of the Agenda;
– Develop young people’s basic knowledge and skills on solutions journalism, to encourage them to practice creation of solution journalistic contents;
– Strengthen the expertise of the youth organizations to develop creative media skills projects for young people and to support youth owned media projects for better youth participation and influence.
Networking meeting (October 2019)
Young people from partner organizations and facilitators from the organizations will come together in a one-day meeting to develop and strengthen their partnership, to share their youth projects experience, but mostly the work aiming to develop young people’s creative media and digital skills, to support youth owned media projects, and to engage young people in the implementation of Agenda 2030. The groups will identify the specific training needs of the young people and design the opportunities provided through the project.
The partners will develop and provide to the selected 18 young people a 2-day workshop on the following topics:
– storytelling & visual storytelling, and basics on solutions journalism and investigative journalism;
– Agenda 2030 and young people’s role in its implementation.
Develop a guide on solutions journalism for young people (Nov. 2019-Feb. 2020)
We will develop an online guide for young people to understand and apply solutions journalism in their media projects.
The 18 young people participating in the Nordic level workshop will initiate and develop media contents, on Agenda 2030. Each of them will involve other 2-3 young people from their youth group.